- Location: Wisconsin
- Employment Terms: Regular
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Work Hours: 2nd shift
- Starting Salary Range: Competitive
- Required Education: High School / GED
- Required Experience: 2 Plus Years
- Required Security Clearance: None
WCS Industries in Muskego, Wisconsin, is looking for a Machine Operator to join our growing team.
Responsible for the manufacturing of precision mechanical springs and flat and wire forms. Responsible for satisfying customers by meeting specifications and delivery requirements while pursuing continual improvement and achievement of established Company goals.
- Operate automatic spring coiling machine and perform basic inspections, stop and/or shut off machine—DOES NOT adjust machine.
- Contact leadperson or qualified individual if machine adjustments are needed.
- Perform quality checks to ensure product meets customers’ specifications.
- Achieve production rate and quality standards.
- Operate more than one machine (simultaneously).
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Ensure completed parts from machine being operated are delivered to Shipping Department.
- Report issues (concerns, irregularities) to supervisor regarding machinery, safety, production, quality, and variances in meeting setup and runs rates. Read router for all inside service instructions.
- Coat parts in a rust inhibitor oil.
- Pack parts in container using a scale to weigh, count, and place proper quantity into containers.
- Operate shot blaster and parts tumblers.
- Operate demag and vibratory equipment.
- Clean parts using sonic cleaner.
- Color code parts per customer specifications.
- Identify and assist in leading the implementation of Continuous Improvement.
- Maintain 6S cleanliness standard in work area.
- Read and understand QP-13-01 for nonconforming materials.
- Accurately fill out applicable quality-related forms.
- Communicate effectively with other employees in order to improve the flow of parts from department to department.