We Coil…We Cold Head…We Machine
As the leading metal components manufacturer, WCS Industries partners with your team to provide the metal components your products need. Our role is to bring the specific expertise and components that enable your product and process to come to life. We help customers make their products stronger, last longer and cost less to produce or manufacture. Our metal components manufacturing capabilities start with our experienced and professional technicians within our manufacturing locations.
To ensure that your product meets your cleanliness specification, WCS Industries has a dedicated room with specialized equipment that test for contamination levels and max particle size on metal components.
WCS Industries' Coiling, Cold Heading & Machining Capabilities
- Mechanical and CNC compression, extension and torsion coiling machines.
- Wire diameters from .006” – .283” for compression springs, .006” – .156” for extension and torsion springs.
- Production speeds up to 15,000 parts/hr for compression springs and 6,000 parts/hr for extension and torsion springs.
- Round, rectangular and square wire available in materials such as music wire, chrome silicon, 302 stainless, 17/7 stainless and other specialty materials defined by our customer.
We Cold Head
- Multi-station cold-headers, 4 and 5 dies transfer machines.
- Wire size diameters from 3/16″ (5mm) up to 5/8″ (16mm) with lengths up to 6” (150mm).
- Production speeds up to 140 pieces per minute.
- Starting with round wire we can produce parts with squares, hex and spline shapes, on either end or both ends and in the middle.
- Multi-spindle bar fed machines, 6-positions for simultaneous machining operations.
- Bar size diameters from 3/16″ (5mm) up to 2″ (50mm) with lengths up to 8” (200mm).
- Cycle times as fast as 6 second for a compete part.
- Single spindle CNC machines with bar diameter sizes from ¼” (6mm) up to 2-1/2″ (63mm) and lengths up to 12″ long.
Grinding and More
- Crush grinding holding free length tolerances of ±.002”.
- Down feed grinding holding squareness of down to 1°.
- Shot peening.
- 100% automated gauging loads, rate and solid height.
- Component subassembly.
- Automated color coding and packaging.
Cold Headed and Machined Secondary Operations
- Thread and knurl rolling machines, 140/part per minute, 1/8″(3.5mm) to ¾”(20mm) diameter by 6″(150mm) long.
- Drilling and tapping equipment for internal holes with or without threads.
- Shaving machines for production grooves or undercuts.
- Chuckers for intricate machining of headed parts (6 spindle screw machines without bar-feed, designed for handling parts instead).
- Grinding either through feed or plunge.
Most work centers have bowl feed loading of parts and don’t require fulltime operators. We also have full access to heat treating, plating and most finishing services with our local partners.
At WCS Industries, the process is strengthened by our people. We believe we have the best professionals each one having these critical traits for success: 1) Problem-solving skills; 2) Attention to detail; 3) Passion for self-improvement; and 4) Great communication skills. As individuals they are superior; as a team they are incredible. Management is proud of them and the certified quality management system we operate in. As technicians, they assure the quality and functionality our customers need.