- Location: Minnesota
- Employment Terms: Regular
- Employment Type: Part-time
- Hours Per Week: Flexible
- Work Hours: Flexible
- Starting Salary Range: Competitive
- Required Education: None
- Required Experience: None
The Manufacturing Apprentice will work directly one on one with manufacturing professionals as a trainer and mentor. This role is responsible for performing various manufacturing tasks to meet the quality and productivity objectives of the company. Responsible for satisfying customers by meeting specifications and delivery requirements while pursuing continual improvement and achievement of established Company goals.
- Learn how to operate machines and perform basic inspections, stop and/or shut off machine—DOES NOT adjust machine.
- Contact lead person or qualified individual if machine adjustments are needed.
- Learn to and perform quality checks to ensure product meets customers’ specifications.
- Achieve production rate and quality standards.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Ensure completed parts from machine being operated are delivered to Shipping Department.
- Report issues (concerns, irregularities) to supervisor regarding machinery, safety, production, quality, and variances in meeting setup and runs rates.
- Identify and assist in leading the implementation of Continuous Improvement.
- Maintain 6S cleanliness standard in work area.
- Accurately fill out applicable quality-related forms.
- Communicate effectively with other employees in order to improve the flow of parts from department to department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or lead person.