Product & Sales Engineer
- Location: Wisconsin
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Starting Salary Range: Competitive
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience: 5+ years
The Product & Sales Engineer primary responsibility is to support product design efforts and technical sales efforts of the Company. Further, this position is the primary position responsible for customer communications regarding new product design reviews, quality control plans, cost estimates, and other technical related product considerations. Finally, this position is responsible for supporting the Sales personnel.
Technical knowledge of various OEM applications and the related critical requirements and the ability to translate this knowledge and apply it internally during feasibility and capability analysis is a key function of this position. A candidate will work with department managers, production staff, suppliers, and customers to ensure effective and efficient completion of approved new product projects.
- Determine customer technical product requirements by supporting the Sales & Engineering staffs while completing direct contact with customers by visiting operational plants and locations; routinely participate in customer communications.
- Review customer product requests and new product developments to determine how best to meet the requests considering current manufacturing capabilities and if necessary, what new capabilities may be needed.
- Establish and develop relations within the engineering and supply chain areas of customers and targeted customer prospects.
- Support and participate in Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) projects –
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Work with customers to resolve rejections and complaints.
- Read customer prints, understand tolerances and their effects on the final product.
- Participate in building and maintaining the process routings of products.
- Support the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans.
- Research competitors and competitive products by identifying and evaluating products, market share, pricing, and advertising.
- Analyze sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Support recruiting efforts at the local high schools and advanced learning schools.
- Maintain customer and prospect information in the ERP system
- Document and maintain up to date customer and prospect information. This includes the different facility locations of customers and prospects, the key personnel and the decision makers.
- Maintain contact with customers and prospects using creative methods to be successful.
- Support the ECN process and completed identified requirements.