- Location: Minnesota
- Employment Terms: Regular
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Starting Salary Range: Competitive
- Required Education: High School or GED
- Required Experience: 2 years
WCS Industries in North Branch, Minnesota, is looking for a Buyer to be part of our growing company.
The Buyer reports to Supply Chain Lead and supports the initiatives of the purchasing department and operations team. Significant activities include generating purchase orders for all outside service processes as well as generating purchase orders for all functions within operations.
- Responsible for generating purchase orders for all outside services required for the product.
- Ensure accurate pricing before placing purchase order.
- Process and label the product to get ready for pickup by carriers.
- Follow up daily with outside service suppliers to ensure delivery of product is on schedule.
- Maintain accurate delivery dates in the ERP for every purchase order.
- Receive, validate, and physically move parts to their next routed destination.
- Generate purchase orders for tools, shop suppliers, and maintenance items.
- Generate purchase orders for all services.
- Request quotes, generate purchase orders, and send drawings to tooling suppliers as required.
- Generate purchase orders for machine component parts and service activities.
- Resolve any purchase order/invoice discrepancies.
- Perform cycle counting of raw material and finished goods.
- Work with a sense of urgency to react to expedited needs or resolve discrepancies in a professional manner.
- Works with the suppliers to resolve any quality or pricing issues.
- Work with both engineering and production on the development of new business opportunities, as needed.
- Filing of purchase orders and other documents.
- Assist in shipping area to package and process parts into finished goods storage.