- Location: Wisconsin
- Employment Terms: Regular
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Hours Per Week: 15-30
- Work Hours: 1st Shift
- Starting Salary Range: Competitive
- Required Education: High School Diploma
- Required Experience: 1-5 Years
- Required Security Clearance: None
WCS Industries is looking for an Accounting Intern to take on exciting challenges.
The Accounting Intern will perform accounting functions for all facilities under the direction of the Director of Finance. The position will prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records to maintain accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. The Accounting Intern will focus on customer cash application, terms and collection of outstanding accounts receivable invoices. This position will match PO receipts to vendor invoices and enter in our ERP System. Accounts payable invoices without purchase orders will also be entered in our ERP system. The Accounting Intern will do the daily customer invoicing process.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Global Shop ERP system to utilize to recommend and implement process improvements or research items assigned.
- Set up new vendors or customers in ERP System -Global Shop.
- Generate and post accounts payable from receipts.
- Match accounts payable receiving documents with vendor invoices.
- Process purchase order and non- purchase order invoices in ERP System – Global Shop.
- Issue accounts payable payments to vendor.
- Prepare accounts payable checks for mailing to vendors; matching check advice with invoices, placing check and required documents in envelope, proper postage on envelopes.
- Issue and mail invoices to customers.
- Process special handling of customer invoices; prepare for mail, log information on customer websites, email invoices for processing
- Apply accounts receivable cash application in Global Shop timely.
- Research and resolve customer payment discrepancies within 30 days.
- Contact customers as needed, to collect past due accounts receivables. Maintain record of contacts and actions taken and/or planned, to ensure funds are received.
- Maintain customer terms in Global Shop.
- Analyze accounts receivable variances and adjust if required.
- Analyze accounts payable accrual on AP Aging Report and adjust if required.
- Assist with year-end audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- General filing.
- EDI set up for customers.
- Support month end process preparing and or entering journal entries in general ledger system.
- Back up support for accounting staff.